2011年12月22日星期四

My essay

This is what i had written during SPM eng paper 1.

END ur story wit " They looked each other n smile smilingly.


I looked my image in the mirror. My hair,for once,behaved n stayed neatly combed to the back. I looked smart in a long sleeved shirt wit matching a red bow tie matched wit a long blue dark skirt. After adjusting my red bow tie for the umpteen times, I told myself that I was ready for this big day. That day I was especially gorgeous. 17th of may, 2010 was a red letter day for me as I was about to perform for the first time in stage in front of all the teachers n students of my school. The performance was in honiur of my beloved teacher , MS CINDY who was retiring.

My heart thumped wit excitement and nervousness as I walked up onto the stage. My hands were sweating. There were about 3 thousand people sitting in the hall. Before I started my speech, I bowed to the audience. I looked towards the audience and gv them a broad smile. In the first row, sat her, CINDY. My grandparents were there too. Gently, I tapped on the microphone and began my speech.

" TQ Ms Cindy, today is your retirement day. TQ for ur care and concern for us all these while. You are the one who didn't give up on me!"

These words took me to the time when I first met Ms Cindy two years ago. I was a notorious student in sch. I liked to pull my friends' hair. I liked to bully people. I lived with my grandparents as my parents, daddy n mummy had migrated overseas to seek their fortune when I was 10 years old. My grandparents adored me and showered me wit love and affection, but they did not emphasize on my studies. So, I had never passed my exams wit flying colours. In fact, I was always the last in class. All the teachers looked down upon me.

Teaching me was truly a difficult and challenging task. I was unruly and inattentive. I could not sit quietly in class. All that Ms Cindy heard abt me was " Yean Ching is a real nuisance". But Ms Gor was not influenced by their words. Nevertheless, I was a troublemaker in class.

Ms Cindy called me to the staff room after one day. She said" each and every person is like a precious and valuable diamond. However, the diamond is worthless if left unpolished. Therefore, I as your teacher, will be trying my best to polish you until you become a sparkling and priceless diamond. But you hav to cooperate so that we can achieve this."

I would always remember what Ms Cindy said and did. Her words struck me and made me sit up and take notice. I realized that I should not disappointed my beloved grandparents who had given me everything. Most of all, I could not disappointed Ms Cindy who had high hopes in me. From that day onwards. I began to change. I stopped bullying people and began making friends.

THANK YOU, Ms Cindy. Your words of wisdom woke me up frm my slumber. I soon definitely say that I slowly become a better person.

On her retirement, I took the opportunity Ti show off my talent in singing. It was the best present I could think of for her b4 she left the school.

" We were bound by diversity,
But we will sing in harmony,
For peace, for love, for dream, for humanity.
Open up your heart and sung, let our friendship spreat it's wing.
We help, we care, we share our love in sincerity.
Together, we will make tis glorious world."

My performance was met wit thunderous applause. I was filled with an overwhelming sense of pride and smiled at Ms Cindy. Her eyes Welled up with tears. I bowed and thanked the audience before leaving the stage. Ms Cindy gave me a big hug before she left the sch. She could sense the gratitude and appreciation that were between me. My grandparents sat in the middle of the hall smile happily bcoz I became a gd student n grandchild as well.

Deep in my heart said again " thank you, Ms Cindy! Thank you for not giving up on me. I love you and will miss u always. May god bless u always! It was hard for me to say bye to u.

Then, My grandparents presented a bouquet of carnation for Ms Cindy. They looked each other n smile smilingly.

Enjoy reading...AND leave some comments....THX!!

没有评论:

发表评论